I’m on the patch right now.
Where it releases small dosages of approval until I no longer crave it, and then I’m gonna rip it off.
Patch 6.1 comes out on February 24; Tuesday after some down time on the servers. Five days from now, just enough time to gather my five Secrets of Draenor in Engineering. These will be used to buy the upgrade to my gun!
I really do want to have all my pre-set items in place for patch day. I have my savage blood, gearspring parts and sorcerous earth. I have plenty of fish for the cooking upgrade as well. But I have one concern …
The Patch Notes read as follows:
New Garrison Visitors
- One of five new visitors may visit each day offering a quest to anyone that visits players with a Tier 3 Garrison.
- Defeat a dungeon boss: Awards a bag with a chance to contain a level 630, 645, or 655 item token.
- Defeat a raid boss (weekly quest): Awards a bag with a chance to contain a level 645, or 655 item token.
- Bounty (intended for 3 or more players): Defeat a named elite NPC for a bag containing Apexis Crystals, and a chance to contain a level 645, or 655 item token.
- Relic: Complete a series of quests to recover a relic for a bag containing Apexis Crystals, and a chance to contain a level 645, or 655 item token. Completing a relic mission unlocks it as a potential mission for your followers. Completing all 6 relic missions will unlock Harrison Jones as a follower!
- Profession: Turn-in tradeskill reagents for Primal Spirits and work order tradeskill reagents.
So, will my Profession visitor be there? Or will it be some lame visitor like the Relic one? I’m biting my nails over this. What is his name? Where will I find him? Will he have his own little kiosk with a spinny blue light on top?
My log in plans on Patch Day are as follows:
- Update addons
- Log into my Hunter
- Check the new colorblind UI feature.
- Change my A Murder of Crows talent to Stampede on my Survival and Beast Master specs
- Upgrade my gun!
- Visit Pat Nagel for my fishing chair (I don’t know why they do this).
- Get my bonus roll token from my bunker
- Get two more in Stormshield
- Ready to Raid
There are several changes to hunters in 6.1. Stampede is covered on the wonderful Eyes of the Beast blog.
My intention is to swap between specs depending on the boss. In High Maul I went Survival for all except Tectus. Essentially, if it is a single target fight; I’ll go Survival. If it is a ton of adds, I’ll use Beast Mastery with Blink Strikes.