How to host a party with prizes, gold rewards, fireworks and decorations.
Having a good time in the World of Warcraft!
** This is part of several postings on How to Host in WoW. You can click the tag on the left to see all of the articles.
Whether hosting a wedding, scavenger hunt, costume party or a guild party; dressing up the party makes it a bit more fun.
- Presents can be wrapped if they are not soulbound nor stackable. This limits the list a little bit but not too much. Popular are Dalaran Brownies, Cagable Pets and Mounts. Oddly bags cannot be wrapped up but still make a great prize!
- Blue Ribboned Wrapping Paper can be bought year round, the link is here for all of the vendors.
- Red Ribboned Wrapping Paper can be bought year round, the link is here for all of the vendors.
- Green Ribboned Wrapping Paper can only be bought during Winter Veil! It is near the presents and stuff in Ironforge, stock up when you can!
- My Guild Master has a prize tab and it has in it: pets, mounts, mysterious fortune cards, Noble’s Monocle, Rhinestone Sunglasses, Stormchops, Origami Crane, Flawless Battle Stone, Delicious Chocolate Cake, Lovely Blue Dress, Vial of Sands, Coalfist Gronnling, Swift Love Bird, Awesomefish, Elune Stones, fireworks and more. Obviously my Guild Master throws a great party.
This is the carrot to get people to participate. The amount doesn’t matter, it only matters that they win! And we want them to win. Gold might come from the guild vault or you just pony it up as a host. I’ve thought of entry fees (donations to the guild vault) but have never tried it.
Dressing Up Your Party
There are plenty of ways to have a costume ball, here are a few ideas.
- The Fancy Darkmoon Feast from the Darkmoon Faire is terrific. For only 10 Darkmoon Daggermaw (fish!), you can dress your entire party (top hat and suit for the men, fancy hat and dress for the women): it’s a bit of Gilnean old English feel. This is very inexpensive and much fun.
- The Darkmoon Seesaw is a very fun toy for your party. It appears with Lunk on the other side and anyone who tries it will get flipped in the air. If you ask him to leave, two players can teeter-tooter. You get a buff called Childlike Wonder, which shrinks you down. Everyone in your party can be kids again.
- Savory Deviate Delight is a very old cooking recipe. This is not a feast, it would have to be passed out. Anyone who eats it will become either a Pirate or a Ninja!
- This idea is a bit tricky. Use your Magic Pet Mirror on Terky to transform into a Murloc. Then have everyone use their Ai-Li Skymirror on you. A party full of Murlocs! Screen shot that for your twitter! Remember to /dance!
How are you going to make this look like a party?
- Fireworks can be made by engineers and some are sold. There are also toys which will light up the sky.
- Nat’s Fishing Chair, the Cushion toys from Winter Veil and the Mushroom Chair from the Molten Front can provide seating for those winded from all the dance party bombs.
- Stinker and the Bombay Cat (or Feline Familiar).
- Egbert is a classic.
- As many party goers as can, have them use balloons, kites or lanterns. Getting your pet up off the ground really makes for a festive air.
This is macro of some atmospherics. They are all on different cooldowns but click away as you will. Add to it if you like. These are all instant cast.
/use Everlasting Alliance Firework /use Pandaren Firework Launcher /use Bubble Wand /use Kaldorei Wind Chimes /use Power Converter
What’s a party without drinks? I’m thinking there are plenty of booze toys and pets now to serve your party. Still, I’d like to give a shout out to the Sulfuron Slammer. It will set you on fire when you drink it!
Have fun. I hope this How To Host ideas serves as springboard for new ideas!