“The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.”
Transmog in Legion Shopping Spree
Today’s Date is: Jan. 28, 2016
I feel a bit reassured. Last night with the raid team, I mentioned that I only had one set of tmog gear. Several others said the same. So, my fears of being the ONLY player without sets is gone. Still, I have decided to build up some inventory and make some new transmog sets while we wait (and wait) for the new expansion.
One of the down-sides of our future account wide Wardrobe feature is when I go to look for gear, I’ll only see it on my male hunter. The Dressing Room is nice for a preview of what a piece might look like but, in my most humble opinion, severely limited.
I visited some of the vendors and spent some gold and made myself a transmog set!
- Niuzao Temple in Townlong Steppes (MoP) has several vendors. You can buy the pieces with gold. Very nice Asian Samurai gear, super unique to WoW and worth the shopping trip.
- Area 52 in the Netherstorm (Outlands) has gear from a PvP past. I couldn’t buy anything! I have a vague memory of buying a red glowing staff for my Druid some years ago. I don’t have the cred.
- Shattrath City (Outlands). Up on the second floor is a vendor. I bought a very nice blood red cape.
- Old Town (Stormwind) Two vendors worth looking at. One sells a “shoulders on fire” set as a set piece. The other sells “shoulders with lightning” sets. I bought both and am wearing one of the sets!
- Old Town (Stormwind) It is worth looking at the PvP vendors but that stuff costs conquest or honor points.
It is satisfying to look through your Exalted list. Of course, I am Beloved and have at least 60 exalted reputations.
- One example is Shattered Sun from the Isle of Quel’Danas. This vendor has one of my favorite transmog shields for my warrior.
I opened 60 Savage Crates from my Salvage Yard. I sent all the staves and polearms to my Druid who can equip them and has an empty Void Storage.
Yikes. I had to equip each one to make it soulbound! Think long and hard if you want to take this grindy path to build up your wardrobe choices.
This week is the Time Walkers quests through the Cata dungeons. Normally I’d vendor the 630 gear that is dumped in my bags along the way. A short pause to look over a piece takes nothing but the desire to see it on other genders and classes via the Dressing Room. Got room? Toss it in the Void Storage!
It is fun to visit old zones and areas and remember past accomplishments. The Wardrobe feature is a fine excuse to go traipsing around Outlands, Azeroth and Dreanor with adventure (and high fashion) on your mind.