“Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops.”
Legion: Expectations, Hopes and Fears
Blizzard designers have a reputation for over-reacting. Tired of Dailies? They are all gone in the next expansion. Healers bored: mana regeneration is a bitch. On and on the pendulum swings. The following are my hopes, fears and expectations in the next expansion: Legion.
- Expectation: New Dalaran will be a release and a relief as a cross-faction Sanctuary and main congregation hub.
- Fear: “Rep gating” toy use will be the rule rather than the exception.
- Hope: Flex raiding will be solved and flex with large and small groups, heavy melee groups or heavy ranged groups.
- Expectation: Raiding is the same. Fun challenging group content that is designed for us to win (not fail) the fight.
- Expectation: My druid healer will be in demand and treasured as much as any disc priest, shaman, paladin or monk in any flavor of dungeons and raids.
- Fear: I will choose the wrong spec to level my ball and chain Artifact.
- Hope: The hybrid dailies called World Quests will be freaking lucrative.
- Expectation: We will have five cycled Profession Dailies as fun as the fishing and cooking dailies that we had in Wrath of the Lich King.
- Fear: Dalaran will be too much. Too many player toys, slow mammoth parades, player portals, “kek” and … lag.
- Expectation: Driven by the flying requirements, we will complete every zone rather than level in the ones we actually like.
- Hope: The guide sites like Icy Veins and Ask Mr Robot will have updated and published class guides at the pre-expansion patch.
- Expectation: That I will play Legion and that my Guild will remain active.
- Fear: That I’ll miss having my own instanced patch of land in the expansion like I did with the Tillers and the Garrison.
- Hope: That I won’t always crack up when “animated shorts” is mentioned in a column.
- Hope: That Dalaran is fun with odd bits here and there.
- Fear: It won’t be an Alt Friendly expansion.
- Expectation: To have three maxed Artifacts and spec swapping with ease for the bulk of the expansion. And (part two) my gear works for all specs.
- Hope: To have the Fabulous title on Day One of the pre-expansion patch.
- Hope: To have at least five different Tmog sets macro’d to my mounts and I’ll change constantly (if not macro’d to spells!).
- Expectations: Heirloom upgrades to 110 to be available with the first in-game patch.
- Fear: That every thing (like the new Kirin Tor ring) will be exhaustively expensive.
- Fear: That I’ll be confused for the rest of my WoW gaming life between Old Dalaran and New Dalaran since it won’t be called old and new.
- Hope: That my favorite bloggers continue to write!
(cough) I think this list could go on and on!