“Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.”
George S. Patton
Mythic Plus = Challenge Mode on Steroids
Just a little early research.
Legion Dungeons (most seem to have 4 or 5 bosses)
- Black Rook Hold
- Darkheart Thicket
- Eye of Azshara
- Halls of Valor
- Neltharion’s Lair
- Suramar City
- The Arcway
- Vault of the Wardens
Mythic Plus does not scale; bring that big gear. Affixes change on a weekly basis, I’m sure Wowhead will post which they are so you can plan before you begin. You do have to kill trash mobs also to complete the challenge but it fills a percentage bar, so it is number of mobs with the more difficult mobs equaling more percentage.
Watcher’s Blue Post From the Alpha (snipped):
When you place a Challenger’s Keystone in the pedestal, you’ll see the modifiers that it will apply to your dungeon run. If you then click Start Challenge, a countdown will begin, and you’ll have 45 minutes to complete Halls of Valor (including a reasonable amount of the non-boss enemy forces present). If you succeed, your Keystone will be upgraded to the next power level (or by multiple steps, if you really crush the timer!). If you’re using a fresh keystone (i.e. one that hasn’t already been used to start a failed run at that power level), you’ll also find a loot chest waiting for you at the end. It’ll be empty, but just imagine that it’s brimming with delicious loot.
From MMO Champs (affixes):
- Decay – All players lose 1% of their max health every 2 sec while the challenge is active.
- Skittish – Enemies pay far less attention to threat generated by tanks.
- Volcanic – While in combat, enemies periodically cause gouts of flame to erupt beneath the feet of distant players.
- Necrotic – All enemies’ melee attacks apply a stacking blight that inflicts damage over time and reduces healing received.
- Teeming – Additional non-boss enemies are present throughout the dungeon.
- Raging – Non-boss enemies enrage at 30% health remaining, dealing 100% increased damage until defeated.
- Bolstering – When any non-boss enemy dies, its death cry empowers nearby allies, increasing their maximum health and damage by 20%.
- Tyrannical – Boss enemies have 50% more health and inflict up to 30% increased damage.
From MMO Champs (their recap):
Legion – Mythic Dungeons
In Legion Mythic dungeons will scale in difficulty and rewards, making them relevant throughout the expansion. Most of what we know has been covered in the blue posts, but to recap:
- Each level of difficulty increases the health and damage done by enemies in the dungeon by a percentage.
- Level 1 (8%) and Level 2 (17%) Mythic Dungeons have no affixes.
- Level 3 (26%) to Level 5 Mythic Dungeons have one affix, selected from Tyrannical, Bolstering, Raging, and Teeming.
- Level 6 (59%), Level 7 (71%), Level 8 (85%) and higher have two affixes, selecting from the previous four and adding Necrotic, Volcanic, Skittish, and Decay.
- There is a 45 minute timer that you must beat to advance to a higher level, but not to get loot.
- When keystones upgrade, a new dungeon is selected at random.
Here is a video of Fatboss TV trying the Mythic Dungeon on Alpha. Listen to them laugh at how crazy hard level 3 is with the affix! How they can talk and explain what is going on is amazing: watch the Druid healer shift to bear form to take damage.