“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
Pet Leveling Bonanza
Today is: May 28, 2016. In the US, the pet tamer Squirt is in our Menagerie during the pet xp bonus week. Tomorrow it is for the EU. You can chain-level continuously to level up battle pets pretty fast. It is a bit addicting and satisfying.
Here is what I did:
I opened group finder and clicked Custom. I listed my group as Menagerie 3 – Realm Hop PvE. I clicked auto-invite and converted to raid. If I’m grinding in my garrison, I might as well be a service to the community.
- I put on my Safari Hat.
- I used Rematch to filter Rare and levels 1 – 7.
- I put the Enchanted Broom in slot one with Batter and Sweep
- I put my first level one pet in slot two and used the Pet Treat. The Pet Treat buff will carry over long past that first pet is gone.
- I put Weebination in slot three with Cleave.
- Begin the grind.
- Open with Sweep, swap to low level pet, swap to Weeb and spam Cleave until Weeb is dead. Use the Broom to Batter and finish.
- Visit the trainer to heal all pets.
- Go again.
It takes three battles, your level one will go to 15, 21 and then ding 25. Put in another pet and go again.
I merely went alphabetical, down the list. I ran for an hour, using the Pet Treat buff as a timer. Now I’m on a break, because I’d like to be sane. I’m going to the movies this afternoon but tonight is a NBA basketball game and perfect for a few hours of pet leveling grinds.
I began thinking about my level 62. I know I can fly in Draenor and that I can visit garrisons at that level. I began to wonder if I could get some xp on my lowbie by pet battling this tamer. Maybe tonight I will try it out.