“Who cares about the clouds when we’re together? Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.”
Beta: Burning (Legion) Questions. Invasion Edition
My burning question was: can I fly from Howling Fjord in Northrend to the Broken Isles.
No. No you can’t. I died from fatigue and ended up in the graveyard in … Westfall. I ran my wisp back but my dead body died of fatigue! I kid you not. Dead again. Of course I tried again; died again. I decided to take a Rezz Sickness but I could not move my body the two steps closer to get that graveyard rezz. This morning, yes I could!
Invasions will be a short-term Big Thing. We will want to do them before the Legion expansion arrives as it will go away; forever. I tried one in Gadgetzan: here is my report.
- The Invasion (in Gadgetzan) was in four phases. The first three have a percentage progress bar, the last is called Final Stage: kill the Big Bad.
- I was the only player there, the Bruiser NPCs were a great help. I could have simply floated on my flying mount and completed the Invasion.
- My suspicion is that there will be times when you arrive on the Final Phase and get credit for the kill.
- Around Tanaris were portals with nasty demons, it looked wicked cool.
- I died a lot; maybe six times or more times. Hopefully that won’t be the case when this happens on my home realm with a ton of players.
- It took about an hour.
- Other Invasions were happening, while I was in Gadgetzan it looked like there was one in ZF and one up in Winterspring.
- You earn a currency that is in your Currency Tab. I earned 260 units (Nethershards) on one Invasion. At the end, I won two caches as rewards; an ilevel 700 chest and also bracers.
- The Achievement is called Stand Against the Legion and it’s a Feat of Strength.
- They were hard to find, North East of Gadgetzan are a set of vendors (and a much needed repair guy). You spend your Nethershards there. 1850 would buy me the token that represents the tmog armor set. So … eight Invasions for the set. Also I saw a battle pet and some regular gear (that I’d not want unless it looked cool).
- Finally: it was painful, it took forever but it was really fun. Demons falling from the sky, a familiar city under siege, the graphics, animations, content and urgency was very well done.
I can’t wait to do it “for the reals”.