“Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.”
Conjuror Margoss is the new Nat Pagle here in new Dalaran. Rep-wise you start as a Stranger and work up to Best Friend. The reputation bar is at the very bottom of your reputation pane.
How to get there:
- You need to be able to glide; either a goblin glider or engineering cape.
- Go to the flight point landing in Dal.
- Find the crumbled edge and drop down to the strip that surrounds Dal.
- Run left until you find a wall that won’t let you progress. You’ll be surrounded by trees.
- Step forward until you begin to fall and glide!
- You will land on a floating island with a pool of water and a quest giver.
- Do the quest, this is our guy; Conjuror Margoss.
- The Arcane Lure helps you find the rare bait in pools.
- The Mark of Aqueas will spawn a baddie that, when dead, will increase your fishing up of Drowned Mana.
- Drowned Mana is the turn-in for rep (the bag cap is 100).
- Join a raid group via Custom for non-stop fishing if you are strictly going for the rep.
- Margoss has a port back to Dal and sells goodies based on rep purchased by Drowned Mana.
Candidly, I’ve barely begun. Fishing as a gathering profession is a LOT easier than finding herbs and ore. You fish up odd things that you toss back into the water for either +5 fishing or a sleeping murloc (of whom, I am told, you chase once awakened for a trail of fish).
You don’t need a fishing pole. You don’t need a hat or lures to up your skills. I have the Angler’s Raft and my hunter has a Water Strider pet. I’m sure you have something like that to make it easy to fish and explore these new zones!
The “trash” fish, Silver Mackerel, (is that right?) is one of the first recipes learned in cooking. It is good because it can be used to replenish your health and mana without over-writing your buff food buff.