Trial of Style: Strut Your Stuff
A new contest is in town starting August 17th; a micro-holiday called the Trial of Style that is a fashion show. Five players enter a scenario and are given a theme. The themes have a nice range like Ready for War or Winter or Summer or Fun and Flirty.
The winner is by player voting so don’t set your standards terribly high.
The information found is from data-mining from when some patch was released a while ago.
This link right here from Wowhead has a pretty good explanation on the game and the Tokens that you win for playing.
This link right here has more information and a video to watch to see how it works.
Let’s take some guesses on how to win over four other WoW players.
Sex sells. I’d guess that the female blood elf in slutmog has a pretty good chance to win or at least a head start. All of the female characters will likely win over males, right? I hope I’m not too cynical.
I think that one way to tip the advantage is to bring some personality and humor. I noticed in the video that you can use the chat line while playing; so maybe we can plan ahead.
This link right here shows all of the “jokes” that each class and gender uses in the game. I’d recommend having those lines ready for your presentation.
You have to work at it but lifting these pre-made lines might give you a start. Here are some of my faves:
- “I’m a free spirit. I don’t like to be tied down. What? You mean literally? Oh no… TOTALLY into that.”
- “Don’t touch what you can’t afford…”
- “You know, Wisps are actually pretty useful for personal hygiene.”
- “Do Gnomes have a vibrate setting? I’m just curious.”
- “Do you ever feel like you’re not in charge of your own destiny, like… you’re being controlled by an invisible hand?”
- “Me and my girlfriends exchange clothes all the time; we’re all the same size.”
As far as I can tell, you can’t use pets and toys so you couldn’t use the great Mr. Wiggles to finish your farmer set.
But, you can use the chat line; bring some personality and maybe you’ll win!