“I look out the window and I see the lights and the skyline and the people on the street rushing around looking for action, love, and the world’s greatest chocolate chip cookie, and my heart does a little dance.”
The 225s: Part II
One thing that I’ve noticed in my guild. The players who were not raiders and mythic plussers are all farming up the new bee mount. The players who were raiders and poured time and effort into the dailies to keep up their AP have mostly quit.
Two words: burn out. Doing the Mechagon daily today, I felt exhaustion drip through me.
Okay! So yesterday I had the quests in Classic to do my professions since I had dinged 35. It was exciting to see something new to do and to feel like there was progression on this character.
Five gold went to the Leather-working trainer for Artisan which I regret. Since hunters switch to mail at level 40, there is little interest in making much of anything.
The fishing quest was time consuming as designed. And, as expected, the only real hassle was the Swamp of Sorrows.
Mistakes were made for the cooking quest. I bought the giant eggs and zesty clam off of the AH under the assumption that farming level 42s would be out of reach for several levels.
Once I had earned fishing, off to Steamwheedle Port on the shores of Tanaris, a very safe run even at level 30. There I fished up enough clams for the quest easily.
The bonus is that raw spotted yellowtail is the most common fish. Using it (the recipe is in Gadgetzan, the bon fire by the inn is for cooking), leveling up cooking to 300 was satisfying.
The talented Rachelle Riddle has a post on Blizzard Watch today about gold and valuable fish.
- The nightcrawler lure is enough for “no get aways” until you ding 300.
- The afternoon, when school lets out, it is very crowded at the Port of Steamwheedle.
- The Steamwheedle area has pools of fish occasionally. It is worth the run up and down the beach, hoping for Mithril Trunks.
- Fishing on the dock at Steamwheedle, I suggest the corner so you can see two spots that pools might spawn.
- The exact same fish can be found at Feathermoon Post in Feralas but I saw no pools while I was there but it is very peaceful and not crowded.
- I found nightcrawler lures to be bought in Feralas but can’t find them at all in Tanaris!
- Fishing up Nightfin Snapper and Raw Sunscale Salmon, I fished at the same spot inland in Feralas that I used for the fishing quest. Again, the roads are safe even if you are only 35.
- You can lose the bobber splash sound by opening your cooking tab. Reload won’t get it back, you have to exit the game and re-enter. I wonder if it is on the “not a bug” list.
- Dear Elune, let’s hope this stuff sells.
To sum up:
I am level 35 and fishing up high-end fish for the market. I only have 52 gold and it is a long ways to 90 over the next five levels to 40. This is my strategy and I’m sticking to it.