“Only solitary men know the full joys of friendship. Others have their family; but to a solitary and an exile, his friends are everything.”
More on the Netherlight Crucible
Maybe if I write about it I can understand it better. This is one confusing machine!
The last time that the data sites like Wowhead wrote on this is June 19, close to a month ago. One would hope that they’d return to the PTR and return with clarifications.
Here is the Wowhead link for their report on Netherlight Crucible. You can watch the video if you want — I have several times and the player in the video zips his mouse so quickly that you can’t really read the mouse over information that pops up.
The challenge in understanding the explanation is that often we need the distinction between “relic” and “relic slot”. This is confusing because the empowered slot will effect the empowered relic.
To get the options from the Relic Slot, one must advance their points in Concordance. It might seem like that they keep moving the goalpost so that we can’t score but they are increasing Artifact Knowledge (by one) every week once the patch drops. Everyone will get this stuff.
Once 7.3 drops, there is a two-week gate until we can open the Netherlight Crucible. Week one will offer some quests, week two will offer some quests and on the fourteenth day from the patch drop; our Crucible will open.
We have three relic slots on our Artifact Weapon. These slots will eventually open up by our increased Concordance individually and step by step and are called Tiers. Slot One will have three tiers, Slot Two will have three tiers, Slot Three will have three tiers.
The first tier is a freebee. You simply need an artifact weapon. Each slot will give a 5 point boost to your weapon’s ilevel for an immediate 15 point boost for everyone’s weapon! Nice.
The second tier on Relic Slot One will open at 60 Concordance. When you put a new relic piece in slot one — you will get two options for buffs (or spells) on your weapon. The two options are either Shadow or Holy and are RANDOM offerings from a list of six spells.
If you get another new Relic, you’d get two other random choices: so in one case you might choose Shadow and in another you might choose Holy.
You will get one offering from this Shadow List:
- Master of Shadows: Mastery increased by 650. Avoidance increased by 1000.
- Murderous Intent: Your Versatility is increased by 2500 while Concordance of the Legionfall is active.
- Shadowbind: Your spells and abilities have a chance to deal 166000 Shadow damage and heal you for 166000.
- Chaotic Darkness: Your spells and abilities have a chance to deal 60000 to 300000 Shadow damage and heal you for 60000 to 300000.
- Torment the Weak: Your spells and abilities have a chance to cause Torment, dealing 99000 Shadow damage over 15 sec. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
- Dark Sorrows: Your spells and abilities have a chance to afflict the target with Sorrow, causing it to burst after 8 sec, dealing 133100 Shadow damage.
To balance it out, you will get one offering from the Holy list:
- Light Speed: Haste increased by 650. Movement speed increased by 1000.
- Refractive Shell: Your spells and abilities have the chance to cause Refractive Shell, absorbing 200000 damage. Lasts 10 sec.
- Shocklight: While Concordance of the Legionfall is active, your critical strike is increased by 2500.
- Secure in the Light: Your harmful spells and abilities have the chance to deal 155000 additional damage and grant you Holy Bulwark, absorbing up to 77500 damage over 8 sec.
- Infusion of Light: Your harmful spells and abilities have the chance to deal 116000 additional Holy damage. Your helpful spells and abilities have a chance to heal for 116000.
- Light’s Embrace: When you take damage, you have a chance to generate Light’s Embrace, stacking up to 5 times. Light’s Embrace heals for 29000 damage over 6 sec.
Shadow vs Holy: they look a lot alike. You will chose one spell.
When you have your 60 Concordance, a relic in Slot One will offer a choice between one spell from Shadow or one spell from Holy. You might have to decide between Dark Sorrows and Light Speed: the choice is yours!
At Concordance 63, Relic Slot Two will now also have these choices (but never the same as you chose for slot one; you can’t double up a spell).
At Concordance 66, Relic Slot Three will be activated for the two choices as well. Now your Artifact would have three of the twelve spells offered on your weapon!
What about Tier Three? The tester at Wowhead did not have Concordance 69 on the PTR. It is a bit of a mystery but we know that if you chose a Shadow spell that Tier three will only offer a Shadow spell and a Neutral spell (likely an extra point in a trait on your weapon).
Your weapon will be constantly changing as you get new Relics and make new choices over and over. And you will decide based on your play-style. You might try to go pure DPS or might choose a spell that offers an absorb or heal or you might choose speed.
The spells offered “have a chance” in the description, so it will be a proc of some kind, except Murderous Intent (shadow) and Shocklight (holy) which stacks on your Concordance proc.
My question is: what about the relics that we already have in our weapon when the Crucible opens? Do we get our choices on them? I sure hope so!