“That’s me: an old kazoo with some sparklers.”
8.1 — Let’s Go!
Oh goody, we love new patches!
Kaylriene has a nice piece up today called Tides of Vengeance – Does it fix WoW?. The write-up is a very nice over-view and opinion on our new content and mechanics.
So, as I write this the servers are down. The worker-bees are pulling levers and banging on the engine to get it all to go. The servers should be up this afternoon but I’ll be at meetings and then we raid tonight. Soooo … I might not be able to enjoy the goods until tomorrow. Pity.
My first stop is almost always MMO Champs. Patch 8.1 – Tides of Vengeance Live Today is a very good and ordered presentation. It is loaded with links and jumps to more information. Patches have a lot of stuff!
For me, the temptation is always to run and do the new stuff like the warfront Darkshore thing. However, as a steady and mature adult, I do try to plan and prepare as much as possible. A-hem!
My characters need to get caught up with the new things offered.
- It is a must to start by visiting the profession trainers. New recipes are being added for all of the crafting professions and then rank two of the recipes are offered at the representative group — The Tortollans have the rank two cooking stuff. So, each character will probably have to visit every quartermaster after visiting the trainers first.
- Alts can learn flight paths! This will be awesome and a must first-thing when logging in. For Alliance it is called 7th Legion Scouting Map. BUT, I don’t know where to buy it and that is frustrating. Maybe the heirloom vendor in Iron Forge? Is it an heirloom like the other flight paths for Eastern Kingdoms? Maybe the 7th Legion quartermaster by the mission boat? I don’t know.
- Two new vendors will be found over where we do the warfront and island stuff. One by the warfront table will sell stuff with the new currency 7th Legion Service Medal earned at the warfronts. The other is by the island table and I’ll visit this guy soon — I have some Dubloons!.
- My inscriptionist will have to visit the 7th Legion quartermaster (I believe) to get the new 7th Legion rep contract rank two. We have paragon rewards after earning 10,000 rep points beyond exalted. So, I’d guess rep contracts will be sold always and forever from now on?
- My main is exalted with the Champions of Azeroth. So, now my alts can get a benefit and a big jump on their neck pieces. How? I can’t find out. Is it a quest chain or do I have to know to visit Silithus? We’ll get it figured out.
New patches are fun and breathe life into the game. Players begin logging in more often to see what is offered. Let’s hope that the new islands, warfronts, raids and incursions can sustain us until 8.1.5.
3 thoughts on “8.1 – Let’s Go!”
Thank you for the reminder and info 🙂 Let´s go indeed! Don´t forget to log onto all your chars for that shared rep/account thing too! (That´s today, right?)
LikeLiked by 1 person
I tried running an island yesterday. I have to say I didn’t really notice a difference. It was on jorundall, so I got a new environment but I barely noticed that too haha. There was a new mechanic in the azerite extractor on the island, which did enable us to gather azerite faster because we didnt have to move. I also had enough azerite leftover from last time I tried to finish the weekly collection and get a lucrative treasure map follower mission. Sadly the lucrative reward was only azerite power.
I believe I will delegate islands to being something I will pass over or only do on leveling alts when they have xp bonuses.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks for the report!
LikeLiked by 1 person